You need to have your library card number and PIN number ready before you can place holds in the online catalog. (Learn how to get a PIN)
You may only place holds on items that say they are either checked out or not currently available.
To place a hold:
- Click on the "More Info" button in the results list.
- Look to the menu on the left side of the detailed item display.
- Click on the "Place Hold" link, which is directly below the "Add to List" button.
- Once you have clicked "Place Hold", do the following:
- Type in your library card number without any spaces between the numbers.
- Type in your PIN #.
- Select a library for item pickup.
- Click the "Place Hold" button to place the hold or Reset to retype your user information.
- Click OK if all the information is correct
If you are unable to place a hold, please ask library staff for assistance.
Go back to the main catalog search page.