Public Access Computers
Free public access computers are available at both public libraries in Flagstaff.
- The Flagstaff City – Coconino County Public Library (downtown) offers 82 public access computers; 24 of these are dedicated to Youth Services, including 6 Early Literacy Computers.
- The East Flagstaff Community Library (on Fourth Street) offers 66 public access computers; 27 of these are dedicated to Youth Services, including 3 Early Literacy Computers.
- Library staff is available on a limited basis to answer questions about general computer use or about navigating the internet. The library offers free one-on-one technology and computer instruction sessions. These sessions are available by appointment; ask at the Information Desk.
- Visitors and non-cardholders may request a computer guest pass at the Information Desk. Visitors and non-cardholders receive one hour of free computer time per day.
- Laptops are available to Library cardholders for use in the library. These laptop computers may not be taken from the library.
- All public access computers are available as-is on a first-come, first-served basis. All public access computers offer access to the internet and are equipped with the Microsoft Office Suite 2013 (except the children’s Early Literacy Computers).
Printing services are available at both public libraries in Flagstaff.
Grayscale Prints ("black & white")
$0.15 cents per single-sided page
$0.20 cents per double-sided page
$0.25 cents per single-sided page
$0.30 cents per double-sided page
- Grayscale, Color, single and double-sided printing options are available from all public access computers (except the children’s Early Literacy Computers).
- Only library paper may be used in the printers: white, 8.5”x11”, 20lb., recycled paper.
- Cash only. You are responsible for all printed pages.
Free wi-fi access is available at both public libraries in Flagstaff.
- Access to wi-fi in the library has no time limit. However, each wi-fi session (lease) lasts four hours. Wi-fi users may reconnect after four hours for additional time.
- Printing from non-library computers and devices (wi-fi) is not currently possible. Watch for this enhancement in the future.
Free self-service scanning is available at both public libraries in Flagstaff.
- The library’s BookScan Station includes an 11”x17” color flatbed scanner and an 8.5’x11” color dual-sided sheet-feed scanner (up to 50 pages at a time).
- Documents and photographs can be saved in .pdf, searchable .pdf, editable Word, .jpg or .tiff formats.
- Scanned documents can be saved to a USB storage device or sent via e-mail.