The Downtown Library and East Flagstaff Community Library offer Culture Passes!
What is Culture Pass?
- A Culture Pass is a way for the library to provide free access to museums, zoos, and other cultural and scientific venues around Arizona.
- Each pass is valid for free admission for two people.
- The Culture Pass program is provided through a partnership with Act One
What venues are Culture Passes available for?
- The Arboretum at Flagstaff (May 1st-Oct 31st only)
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- Boyce Thompson Arboretum
- Cave Creek Museum (Oct 1st-May 31st only)
- Desert Botanical Garden
- Desert Caballeros Western Museum
- The Heard Museum
- Museum of Northern Arizona
- Reid Park Zoo
- S'edav Va'aki Museum (formerly Pueblo Grande Museum)
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art
- Sedona Heritage Museum
- Sharlot Hall Museum
- University of Arizona Museum of Art
- Verde Valley Archaeological Center
Who can check out a Culture Pass?
- Temporary and permanent cardholders can check out passes.
- One pass at either the Downtown Library or the East Flagstaff Community Library can be checked out per library card, per week.
How do I check out a Culture Pass?
- Visit the Culture Pass display at the Downtown Library or the East Flagstaff Community Library.
- Bring the red placard for the pass you would like to check out to the staff at the Information Desk.
- You will be given a receipt; this will act as your pass that you will bring to the venue.
- The pass is valid for seven days and will automatically check in and be removed from your account at the end of the checkout period.
What if the placard for the pass I want isn't in the display?
- Each library has a certain number of passes per venue. If a venue is not currently on display, that means other patrons have checked out that pass for a week.
- Passes are first-come, first-served. They cannot be placed on hold or renewed.
- You may go to the other library to see if they have passes for your desired venue, but cannot request that a pass be transferred between libraries.
What else do I need to know to plan my trip?
- Hours and available exhibits are subject to change and an appointment may be required. Please call the venue before your trip.
- Some locations may have COVID safety measures in place such as masks, reduced admittance, etc.
- Passes are not valid for most special events and exhibitions at the designated venues.